50 is the new 30. Well that’s what I’m going with anyways. I can remember when I was a kid thinking that my parents, in their 50s, were over the hill. It’s funny how things change. As I get older and am approaching that 50th milestone, it’s funny that I don’t see it as that old anymore. I guess the saying that time is relative couldn’t be truer (especially as we age). Ideas for a 50th birthday party typically center around the theme of growing old or over the hill as it were. But, if someone in your life is approaching their 50th birthday then I’m sure you’re trying to think of a unique idea for the big birthday party.
Ideas for 50th Birthday Party Can Take on a Nostalgic Theme
Anyone that is approaching or recently approached their 50th birthday was born in the 1960s. Back then rock ‘n roll had taken hold and America was getting involved in very unpopular wars which saw massive demonstrations. Peace and love became the motto of the generation. The Beatles, Rolling Stones, the Band and other classic rock bands were making a huge impression. Most people in their 50s today grew up with the music of the 70s and 80s – which, ironically, is coming back in style today.
A Couple of Great Ideas for a 50th Birthday Party:
- a 70′s peace and love theme
- an 80′s night (where the women can wear the big wide shoulders and the guys can wear their mullet haircuts)
- a Woodstock music festival (without the, well, you know what’s)
Here’s a quick video that will give you some additional ideas for throwing a successful 50th birthday party.
No matter what theme you end up going with, just be sure it matches the person that you’re throwing a party for. For example, if the birthday boy or girl seems to be a bit down about reaching the 50th milestone in their lives, perhaps don’t go with an over the hill theme for the party. Ideas for 50th birthday party should be tailored to the personality of the person.
- Teenage Birthday Party Ideas (plananevent.org)
- 30th Birthday Party Ideas (plananevent.org)
- Winter Birthday Party Ideas – 3 Websites Worth Visiting (plananevent.org)
- Birthday Party Food Ideas – The Party Food Planning Starts Here! (plananevent.org)
- Mid-Life Mayhem: 40th Birthday Party Ideas (greetingcarduniverse.com)
- 50thBirthdayParty.com Launches E-Commerce Site for 50th Birthday Celebrations (prweb.com)