Meetings are pretty much a part of every industry. And it’s probably something that you don’t look forward to. If you’re like me, I sometimes dread going to meetings. You see, many of us look at meetings as a disruption in our day. And let’s face it with event planning comes meetings. It’s one of those unavoidable tasks that we need to do in order to ensure that all of our planning will be successfully executed.
Meetings Are Big Part of the Event Planning Process
So why do we dread going to meetings? Well, for many of us, the thought of having to talk in front of a group can make us very nervous. To the point where we actually do not retain any information. Which is really a disservice to having a meeting in the first place. And, if you’re just attending the meeting and not being called upon to provide any input, well that too can create a distraction as it’s very easy to lose the thought process.
In the video below psychologist Dr. Cynthia Green has some tips for us on how to prepare for a meeting. Whether we need to overcome our jitters or we need to increase our ability to focus, these tips will prove helpful to you for your next meeting. And for those of us in the event planning business, maybe, just maybe we’ll be able to turn our meetings into a productive process of event planning.
- Staying on Top of Event Planning Trends (plananevent.org)
- Event Planning – Keep Your Eye On the Prize – Know, Attract and Keep Attendees (plananevent.org)
- Event Planning Tips for Staying Cool (plananevent.org)
- Teamwork and Successful Event Planning (plananevent.org)
- What Makes Event Planning Companies Great? One Word, Integrity (plananevent.org)