It used to be that 60th birthday party ideas always centered around the birthday boy or girl becoming over the hill. However, today, anyone that’s turning 60 is by no means ready to retire. So some of you may be wondering if there are any 60th birthday party ideas that might fit the special person in your life. Well, I’m happy to say, there are many things that you can do to make a 60th birthday party one that’s a lot of fun for the birthday boy or girl as well as everybody that’s coming to celebrate.
60th Birthday Party Ideas-the Birthday Boy or Girl Was Born in 1952
Anyone celebrating their 60th birthday this year was born in 1952. Many of us are familiar with the term baby boomer. Well anyone approaching their 60th birthday was definitely on the beginning side of the baby boomer generation. Basically this is the term given to anyone born after the end of World War II up until the early 1960s.
Some Major Events and Happenings from 1952 Are:
- the first US test of a hydrogen bomb (this one might be a hard thing for a birthday party ideas though).
- Queen Elizabeth was coronated Queen of England and its Commonwealth nations
- NBC’s “The Today Show” premiered
- Agatha Christie’s “The Mouse Trap” opened in London. It is still running nonstop today making the mouse trap the longest running play in history.
- Movies included; Limelight, High Noon, the Greatest Show on Earth
- music from 1952 included; It Takes Two to Tango, Your Cheating Heart (again the song may not do well in the 60th birthday party ideas theme of things), Wheel of Fortune, I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
- TV shows in 1952 were; I Love Lucy, The Jackie Gleason Show, the Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, George Burns and Gracie Allen Show
My advice to anyone looking for 60th birthday party ideas is to look at what events were happening the year are the birthday boy or girl was born. Of course, as always, it’s important to match any theme to the personality of the person that you are honoring. Today anyone turning 60 is probably looking at this milestone as a reality check that time is moving along rather swiftly. Whenever I meet someone that is around 60, I am almost always impressed at how they are very much still an active middle-aged person. And from there, there are many activities that you can review to come up with a birthday party theme that fits the personality.
- Adult Birthday Party Ideas – You’re Only as Old as You Feel! (plananevent.org)
- 70th Birthday Party Ideas (plananevent.org)
- 25th Birthday Party Ideas (plananevent.org)
- Ideas for Kids Birthday Parties – Here You Come Again! (plananevent.org)
- Fun Birthday Party Ideas – The Birth of the Half Birthday (plananevent.org)
- 30th Birthday Party Ideas (plananevent.org)